● OSCAR BC is a community-driven non-profit society with the goal of fostering the development, evolution, quality adoption and use of the OSCAR Open Source information system relevant to Health Care in British Columbia.
● To support and strengthen OSCAR by being the central coordinating body for the governance of OSCAR Open Source system in British Columbia.
● OSCAR BC operates as an inclusive and collaborative non-commercial, community-driven organization responsible for the stewardship of patient and healthcare data and the sustainability of OSCAR.
● To provide an excellent and affordable EMR to healthcare professionals in British Columbia.
● To facilitate better access to health care.
● To foster continued development of the OSCAR EMR system.
● Membership – To provide tangible benefits to OSCAR users.
● Sustainability – To provide the financial resources needed to sustain OSCAR BC.
● Strategy – The following strategies will be used to achieve the goals of membership and sustainability:
○ increasing engagement with users
○ demonstrating the benefits of OSCAR
○ building the OSCAR brand
○ having members provide input on OSCAR software development
○ engaging in projects that contribute positive net returns
○ seeking grants for projects that support the purposes of OSCAR BC
○ entering into agreements with 3rd party vendors of APP’s that financially benefit OSCAR BC
○ providing eForms for the benefit of OSCAR users
● Implementation – The following methods will be used to implement the strategies:
○ An accurate and up to date list of members will be created.
○ Project proposals and budgets will include a positive net return for Oscar BC.
○ Overhead and support costs on projects will be reduced as much as possible.
○ Agreements with 3rd party vendors will be formalized to provide a net positive return.
○ OSCAR CON 18 will be budgeted to provide a greater return.
○ The OSCAR BC website will be updated and include more information.
○ Quarterly newsletters will be created and distributed to members and other stakeholders.
○ eForms will continue to be created and generate positive revenue.
○ Members will be eligible to vote at the AGM and to be elected to the OSCAR BC Board.
○ Members will receive a discount to attend OSCAR CON 18.
○ An annual budget for OSCAR BC will be created and approved.