WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, DISCLAIMERS
Following the tradition of community learning, OSCAR BC is sharing learning tools and documentation created by OSCAR EMR users.
Please read our Warranties, Representation and Disclaimers document prior to implementing any advice.
New YouTube Channel
The OSCAR BC YouTube channel was launched in November 2020.
So far, the channel has 40+ videos created by OSCAR EMR user community members, as well as excerpts from OSCAR BC Webinars.
Viewers are invited to read our Warranties, Representation and Disclaimers document and may follow instructions at their own discretion.
Billing Info Sheets & Presentation PowerPoint
The Billing Webinar video has been posted to our YouTube channel Billing Playlist. Info sheets:
Report by Template
The Report by Template is a powerful way to access data from anywhere in any OSCAR. The following describes the RBT for OSCAR 19 and Open OSCAR. While the interface is different, the steps are similar for older OSCAR EMR versions.
Provincial eForms Solution
- All healthcare forms used by community-care providers which are required by HAs, MoH and other organizations that require health-related content (e.g., RoadSafetyBC, ICBC)
- Always up-to-date
- All points of service
- Pre-populated where possible
- Delivered electronically
- Learn more
This Guide assists form creators, physicians, and administrative staff, with creating, editing, and distributing forms. The long-term goal is to integrate forms directly into electronic medical records (EMR) through the provincial eForms Project; however, in the interim this guide offers best practices on how to create and update a form, and whether or not a form is needed, and how to support the update process. (v. Jan 20, 2020)
- CareConnect provincial eHealth viewer, PHSA (updated Apr 2021)
- OSCAR – Making it Work, Dr. Herb Chang, Dr. John Yap
- OSCAR Data Integrator, Dennis Warren
- CDX Doc Xchange , (starting on p. 13) PHSA
- DTO: Doctors Technology Office Overview
- 10 Ways To Break Your OSCAR, Mike Thompson
- PSP, Phases of Panel Management
OSCAR BC is sharing information that may be of interest to our members, including information about OSPs and 3rd Party Apps. Our organization does not endorse, recommend, or qualify the use of these products and services.
James Saunders, MPH, has training in epidemiology, quality improvement, and data analysis. He can support OSCAR users with custom SQL queries, report templates, statistical/data analyses, or other data products/visualizations. Contact James